,

banner perso

Some links about me. Many of my 3D designs are free. I also post on Google+ and in another blog, oz4.us
review (32) general (26) issue (16) mechanical (16) replacement (14) software (13) addon (12) bowden tube (10) business (10) consumables (10) heat (10) feeder (8) hot end (8) weird (7) motor (6) off-topic (6) trick (6) electric (4) bed (3) cnc (2)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bevel the bowden tube ends

I use a very convenient tool to deburr/countersink/bevel the bowden tube ends. I found it by chance and it is very cheap. Now I use it everywhere (it also will deal with aluminium by the way).

There are two reasons to use it on bowden tube ends in my opinion :
  • it reduces friction of the filament on the tube square edges
  • it makes the tube softer so that it can be applied with progressive force against the PEEK for example, for a better seal
Before buying the tool I used my biggest drills, but it was much harder to do a proper job.




To remove the hairy results afterwards, quickly rotate a big philips screwdriver in the bevel



6 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't help... I found it by chance in a hardware shop, among a pile of unsorted cheap stuff. I paid a few euros if I remember. I can't help either with the name as I don't even know it in French :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold as a "3 in 1 Countersink Set" at Jaycar in Australia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found again at 5.55€ in Castorama, France.

    Full ref is: Wolcraft 4315, e.g http://www.wolfcraft.com/en/products/p/hand_countersinks/1_hand_countersink/s/p/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. link to Jaycar:
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=TD2027

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nic. I hope I'll get the chance to visit the surroundings of any Australian city at some time ;)

    ReplyDelete